Report crime using our mobile app for the iPhone or Android.   Download Mobile App
About Us
How it Works
Submit a Web Tip
Web Tip Follow-up
Unsolved Crimes
Sex Offenders
Support Us
External Links
Contact Us
Follow-up on an existing tip.
Private Area


Click to Enlarge

SEATTLE — It was just before midnight on Tuesday, April 11, when the shooting started in the 8300 block of Rainier Avenue South. In the parking lot behind the building where victim Latrel Williams lived, officers found the 35-year-old’s body. He had been shot multiple times. It appeared that he was executed.

Three suspects in dark clothing and possibly wearing hoods were seen running from the area westbound across Rainier Avenue South. A dark-colored minivan was also seen leaving the area through an alley. Additionally, a rifle was found discarded in the backyard of a nearby residence, which is most likely the murder weapon.

Lynda raised him on her own and says he was an obedient kid who grew up to be a star running back at John F. Kennedy High School in Burien.  She describes him as a gifted athlete who was also a deep thinker who loved to read. "Nobody knows anybody who disliked him,” said Lynda. More importantly, he was a father. “There`s no reason my grandson shouldn`t have a father and I shouldn`t have a child anymore,” Lynda said.

Latrel volunteered as a Little League coach for kids and was an entrepreneur who had recently started a company to hire low-income people in his community to work as flaggers on job sites. He was the type of person that saw everybody for who they were. He saw them as human beings. He didn`t mind lowering his wings so he could relate to somebody, help somebody out every opportunity that he got.

Seattle Police say Latrel was an innocent victim and they have found no motive or reason for his murder.

Submit a Tip

Click to Enlarge


TOTAL= $6,000.00

BURIEN, Wash. – As her family works to plan for Saturday’s funeral for April Fait, King County Sheriff’s Detectives are trying to identify the driver who hit and killed her.

“The hardest part about this is whoever did this left her there, left a mom, left a grandma. She grew up in Burien. This was her area. It’s tragic,” said daughter Robin Hoefer, whose husband and son were among the first on the scene.

The 73-year-old was going to see her granddaughter in a musical production at the Highline Performing Arts Center on Feb. 24 when she was struck by a hit and run driver about 7 p.m. She died at the scene.

Fait was crossing S. 152nd at 401 S. 152nd St.

"There’s a significant amount of traffic because it’s early in the evening. That’s in front of a high school, so there’s no reason why somebody would do this and just keep going," said King County Sheriff John Urquhart.

"Fait worked for the Highline School District and was looking forward to retirement," Hoefer said. "She was all about others. She loved to help everyone. She would rather give than receive.  She was a mother to two, a grandmother to five and her family was the most important thing in her life.  She never missed an event. She would be a soccer games in the pouring rain and always have a spare umbrella or blanket for anyone who needed one."

The suspect`s vehicle is described as a newer silver or gray sedan with damage to the right front portion of the vehicle.  Detectives don`t have a description of the suspect(s) and the vehicle involved has not been recovered.

"Somebody is going to know something about this. They’re going to see a car that’s maybe been in a garage too long, has some unexplained damage to it. We need to track this down. We feel real bad about this one," Urquhart said.

Friends and family are offering $2,000 cash and Crime Stoppers of Puget Sound is offering $1,000 for a $3,000 total reward for anyone who can help solve this case. Use the P3 Tips App on your phone or call 1-800-222-TIPS with any information you have. It is guaranteed to be anonymous. You can also submit it at

Submit a Tip

Click to Enlarge

PORT ORCHARD, Wash. — Kitsap County sheriff’s detectives are asking for the public’s help to solve a quadruple murder.  “This is obviously a tragic event that affects not just the family but the entire community, someone willing to kill an entire family like this,” said Det. Lt. Earl Smith.

UPDATE: $60,000 cash, dozens of marijuana plants found at scene of Kitsap County murders

Just before 11:30 p.m. last Friday, deputies received a desperate 911 call for help from a house in Seabeck near Lake Tahuyeh.  When first responders arrived, they found a burning home and three bodies inside — 16-year-old Hunter Schaap, 16-year-old Johnathon Higgins and his mom, 37-year-old Christale Careaga. Investigators say all three were the victims of homicidal violence.

The following day, 43-year-old John Careaga was found murdered in his burned-out Ford F150 pickup truck on a tree farm on NE Dewatto-Holly Road, south of Forest Springs Road in Mason County.

Submit a Tip

Click to Enlarge


April 3rd, 2017

Homicide unit detectives with the assistance of the gang unit arrested two suspects today, 4-3-17, in the ongoing investigation into the homicide of Patrice Pitts on January 29th.

SEATTLE — Seattle Police say a homeless man was ambushed and basically executed on Sunday, Jan. 29th as he stood in front of the St. Charles Hotel in he 600 block of 3rd Avenue. Detectives are asking for the public’s help to identify the suspect who killed 52-year-old Patrice Pitts also known as Patrice Toliver.

“There were three males standing right here, one of which was the victim.  Suspect in this case walked by, no dialogue, nothing. All of a sudden, he produced a firearm and started firing. I think there was 4 to 5 shots,” said Ret. Det. Myrle Carner with Crime Stoppers of Puget Sound.  The witnesses ran off. Detectives believe that Pitts was targeted and that someone knows why.

“We don’t even know a motive in this case. Who knows if there is gonna be another victim. We really need your help to solve this case,” said Ret. Det. Carner.  The suspect is described as a black male, 5’07” – 5’09” with a stocky build.  During the crime, he was wearing a black or dark hooded jacket with a white shirt hanging out below the bottom of the jacket.  He was wearing dark pants.

Submit a Tip

Click to Enlarge

SEATTLE — Seattle police are asking for the public’s help to identify the suspect wanted in a murder that horrified the South Seattle community.

45-year-old My-Linh Nguyen was shot to death during a street robbery on December 15, 2016. It happened at 39th Ave S and S Warsaw as she was walking home from the light rail.

Investigators say Nguyen was shot multiple times by the suspect who stole her purse.

A sketch based on a witness account shows what police say the suspect looks like. He’s black, 18 to 30 years old, 5’08” and 160 pounds with a dark complexion and thin build.  At the time of the murder, he was wearing a Seahawks ski cap and blue Seahawks jersey with a gray shirt underneath.

Sketch of suspect in My Linh Nguyen`s murder in South Seattle

Sketch of suspect in My Linh Nguyen`s murder in South Seattle

Homicide detectives are also asking for help locating a possible getaway vehicle.  After the shooting, witnesses saw the suspect get into the back of a dark-colored SUV that might be a 2001-2005 Acura MDX.

Nguyen was killed right in front of her 15-year-old son.

"I just saw the guy stomping on my mom and as I tried to help her. He was dragging her down the block,” he said.

Nguyen’s sister-in-law says the murder has been hard on everyone. She wants people to remember the joy she brought to others. Nguyen worked at a nail salon in downtown Seattle where her coworkers called her Lily. She was always the first there in the morning and would often break out in song.

“When she got a minute, she would just sing out loud and people would kind of laugh about her,” said My Lieu.

Submit a Tip

Click to Enlarge

KENT -- A Kent man’s family is talking publicly for the first time about his murder in hopes somebody will come forward to identify the killer. "Everyone is broken hearted and sad about him, what happened,” said Kathreen Macantalay, the victim’s niece. On Friday, August 26th just before 9pm, 37-year-old Inacio Nein and his nephew were sitting on a log listening to music in a wooded area between SE 242nd and SE 244th near the 10800 block in Kent’s East Hill when a gunman approached them.

The suspect described as a black man, 18 years of age, 6’ tall, medium build with “puffy” looking 1” long black hair asked what was in their pockets and started reaching toward them. The nephew was able to push the suspect’s hands away but was struck in the side of the head with the gun. He was knocked incoherent and fell to the ground. The suspect then fired several shots toward Nein who died at the scene.  The victim’s nephew was able to run away to call police.  Officers were on another call nearby. “The cops responding to the scene even heard those shots but that tells you how fast this suspect got away which tells me he`s probably familiar with the area,” said Ret. Det. Myrle Carner with Crime

Submit a Tip

Click to Enlarge

BURIEN — Sgt.  Timothy Hovey loved his country, his family and his friends who say he was larger than life and always laughing. That’s why it makes no sense to anyone that someone would kill him. The 27-year-old JBLM soldier was just a month away from deploying to Iraq when he was shot four times early in the morning of September 4th at 128th Street and 21st Ave S in Burien.  “There had been a house party a couple blocks from where he had been shot and we understand he decided to go for a walk,” said Sgt. Cindi West.

Sgt. Hovey grew up in Sacramento where his family is struggling to understand how someone who was willing to go to the most dangerous places on Earth to protect our freedoms could be killed on the street here.  “An American killed an American soldier. It just doesn’t sound right to me,” said his mom Stephanie Williams.  Sgt. Hovey was her only son.

His clothes and bedding are still boxed up in his grandmother’s home there. His death has devastated her and it’s just too painful to unpack.  “He`s never gonna hold his own baby in his arms or walk down the aisle when he gets married,” said Bonita Hovey.  She says it doesn’t even feel real that her grandson is gone.  “I want them to understand the pain that they`ve left behind. It`s just not right,” said Hovey about the shooter.

Bonita Hovey points to her grandson`s photo

Bonita Hovey points to her grandson`s photo

King County detectives still aren’t sure if Hovey was targeted. “Whether it was random, somebody driving by or if it had something to do with the party he attended. Those are the questions we need to get answered,” said Sgt. West.  Sgt. Hovey’s family wants justice for their hero.  “It is so wrong. Somebody out there knows something and they need to come forward because no one has the right to take another person`s life,” said his grandmother.

Sgt. Hovey`s family is offering a $10,000 to add to the $1,000 Crime Stoppers of Puget Sound reward to anyone who can help solve the case. If you know who killed him or saw a suspicious vehicle that night, call the hot line anonymously at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or use the P3 Tips App to submit your information

Submit a Tip

Click to Enlarge

SEATTLE — A Seattle family is begging for  help to find the killer of a 51-year-old grandmother.

Trina Bolar was shot multiple times inside her home on the 2800 block of E. Arthur Place on August 2.

Around the neighborhood, friends and family of the shooting victim posted reward flIers offering $6,000 for information leading to an arrest — $5,000 from family and friends and $1,000 from Crime Stoppers.  Her family says it’s just an incentive for people to step up and speak up.

You can see bullet holes inside the Madison Valley neighborhood home where Bolar was shot to death.“Immediately, I knew something was terribly wrong,” said the victim’s daughter Rushawn Barnes.Bolar’s family was thousands of miles away in Japan when they got the call.“I didn’t really know how to handle it, to be honest,” said Barnes.

In pictures the family still has of Bolar, they say they hope to remember her as a wonderful, warm, and welcoming woman.

“My mother always wanted people to be happy. She wanted to know a lot of people. She wanted to be a part of their happiness,” said Barnes.

Barnes thinks her mom might’ve been too friendly by helping out and trusting people she hardly knew.  Ultimately, she believes it could’ve been a factor in the gruesome murder.

“This grandmother died for no reason that we’re aware of. Other people may die by the suspect that shot her. We don’t know,” said Crime Stoppers of Puget Sound Ret. Det. Myrle Carner.

Now a $6,000 reward awaits someone who speaks up and says something.

“We need to know if you heard anything, shots being fired, seen a car getting away, people running,” said Carner.

Those who knew and loved Trina Bolar gathered at her home and in the backyard wearing T-shirts with the reward information printed on the back.  On the front, a fun-loving picture of the murder victim as the family chooses to celebrate her life.

“I never imagined my life without my mom because she was young. She was vibrant,” said Barnes.

Bolar’s death comes at a very difficult time for the family.  Bolar`s husband died in April.  Barnes said her mom was just getting to know her first granddaughter.

Submit a Tip

Click to Enlarge

On May 10, he was out walking his dog in Federal Way when someone shot and killed him at the corner of 356th and 18th Ave SW at about 11 p.m.  

When he didn’t come home, Marianne texted and called him.  Knowing it’s very unusual that he didn’t reply, she tracked his phone using the GPS and followed it to the scene of his murder.

"I went up to an officer and explained that I thought that my husband lost his phone and the officer said, ‘Are you Mrs. Gutierrez?’ so I knew something was wrong."

Their dog, Luna, was nowhere in sight.

"I`m assuming she got scared of the sound of the gunshot and she ran away,” said Marianne.

Luna had run to a neighbor’s yard who took her to a veterinarian and returned her, thanks to a microchip.

Luna doesn’t understand what happened and neither does Marianne. 

She works as a sign language interpreter so she made a video to warn the deaf community there’s a killer on the loose.

“I felt it would reach a community that is often neglected so I wanted to do it in their language that is accessible to them,” she said.

Marianne is grateful to everyone who has donated to the Crime Stoppers reward fund to help catch Adam’s killer.  Right now, they are offering $17,000 to anyone who can identify the person who shot him.

Submit a Tip

Click to Enlarge

CASE UPDATE October 25, 2016 -- King County Prosecutors have charged Ronald Henry Mitchell aka `Short Dog` with Murder in the Second Degree and Unlawful Possession of a Firearm in the First Degree for allegedly killing George Brown on January 7, 2016. He was found shot to death in an abandoned house in the Pacific Ridge area of Des Moines. The suspect was in custody at the SCORE Jail on unrelated charges at the time of his arrest.

Detectives say the investigation determined there was an argument between Brown and the Mitchell but a specific motive for the murder is not known.   The suspect has been transferred to the King County jail where he is being held without bail.  Mitchell is scheduled to be arraigned on November 7 at 9:00 am in Courtroom GA in Kent.

CASE UPDATE November 7, 2016 —
Ronald Mitchell aka ‘Short Dog’ pleaded not guilty to Murder in the Second Degree and Unlawful Possession of a Firearm in the First Degree on Monday.

He is being held in the King County Jail on $2 million bail.

Submit a Tip

Click to Enlarge

DES MOINES —  The sounds of nearby gunfire last Christmas Eve.  It’s something no 7-year-old should ever have to hear. “I heard the gunshots and then we both ducked down,” said Florence Paige’s daughter. They were at home when Danny Cisneros was shot to death in the stairwell of the apartment next door in the Pacific Ridge neighborhood. “It needs to be a safe area for my kids so I’m really upset that it happened,” said Paige.

Cisneros was found with his wife and son trying to stop the bleeding. “The victim was here in the foyer on the steps leading down to the apartment. The shooter was all the way over there near the back-end of that white car that’s parked,” said Des Moines Police Det. Fred Gendreau.  The family was homeless. “Christmas Eve night. It was raining so they came into this foyer to stay dry,” he said.

You can still see the crime scene investigation stickers showing where bullet holes riddled the building that is filled with families and small children.  It`s that callous indifference towards life that has Des Moines Police so focused on identifying the shooter.

"The suspect was wearing dark clothing, he was tall and he walked with a very distinct swagger. One of the witnesses said that he looked like he either had an injured back or he was purposely walking with a swagger," said Det. Gendreau.

Danny and his family had been staying in a camp off 200th and Military Rd. before he was killed. Now his wife and son are in hiding until police identify the suspect.

Submit a Tip

Click to Enlarge

PORT ORCHARD — Chris Lukkasson was on her daily walk when she was ran down and left for dead on Victory Dr. SW in Port Orchard.

It happened just before 1pm on Wednesday, October 14th.

She made it to the hospital alive, but died the next day.

Right now investigators have very little to go on, but her family’s hoping to change that with an extra cash incentive for someone to come forward with information on the case. “Crime Stoppers is going to pay you $1,000 and the family and friends have added another $2,000, so now we’re looking at a $3,000 cash reward,” says Ret. Det. Myrle Carner with Crime Stoppers of Puget Sound.

Chris was wearing blue jeans and a light blue sweatshirt.

Submit a Tip

Click to Enlarge

One of the best and busiest places to celebrate the Fourth of July weekend in our state is down at Long Beach in Pacific County.

Thousands hit the sandy 28-mile stretch to party, celebrate our nation’s independence, and enjoy the fireworks.

But last year — the beach became the scene of a brutal murder.

36 year old Jeff Beach was beaten on July 3rd, while detectives think he was sticking up for some women who were being harassed or abused. He was airlifted to hospital where he died the next day — the Fourth of July.


Submit a Tip

All Site Content / Copyright © 2017 / Crime Stoppers of Puget Sound
Dynamic WebSite Design / Copyright © 2017 / Anderson Software